In 2011, The Home Depot Foundation made an impact in thousands of communities nationwide through cash grants, product donations and thousands of hours of volunteerism by Home Depot associates. For every dollar or product donated and every hour volunteered, our goal is to support nonprofits that focus on repairing, remodeling and maintaining affordable housing for deserving families and individuals.
- Total Cash Grants = $38.8 million to 1,770 nonprofit organizations
- Total Product Donations = $19.1 million to 624 nonprofit organizations impacting 34,000 homes
- Team Depot Volunteer Projects = 1,081
In April 2011, the Foundation also took on a new mission: to ensure every veteran has a safe place to call home. We have committed $30 million over three years to address the housing needs of U.S. military veterans. Through a combination of volunteerism, financial grants and product donations, we’re excited to report that we are making great progress toward our goal:
- $13 million in cash grants to 596 nonprofits, which supported the repair and rehab of 2,700 housing units for veterans and their families.
- $4.3 million in product donations went directly to veterans’ housing nonprofits.
- Almost 500 Team Depot projects across the country were focused on veterans, from repairing individual veterans’ homes and rehabbing transitional housing to remodeling VFW and American Legion halls.
Follow The Home Depot Foundation on Facebook and Twitter to see what our associates are doing every day to help veterans.